Traditional Culture Encyclopedia - Photography and portraiture - Seek information about Guiyuan Temple.
Seek information about Guiyuan Temple.
-
Hanyang Guiyuan Temple is located on the west side of Cuiwei Road, Hanyang District, Wuhan. The fifteenth year of Shunzhi in Qing Dynasty (1658) was founded here by Bai Guang, a monk from Zhejiang Province. The name "Guiyuan" comes from the Buddhist sutra "Lengyan Sutra", and there is no other way to return to Yuan, which is convenient for many doors. Returning to the yuan is returning to the truth, that is, transcending the boundaries of life and death and returning to the source of silence. In Buddhism, Guiyuan Temple belongs to Cao Dongzong (one of the seven schools of Zen), so it is also called Guiyuan Temple. It is also known as the four jungles of Wuhan with Baotong Temple, Xilian Temple and Zhengjue Temple.
Guiyuan Temple has experienced repeated battles and defeats since its establishment. Existing buildings were built in the third year of Tongzhi in Qing Dynasty (1864), the 21st year of Guangxu (1895) and the early years of the Republic of China. Since the new China, * * has implemented the policy of freedom of religious belief, protected cultural relics and historical sites, constantly maintained Guiyuan Temple, and made Guiyuan Temple look brand-new. During the "Cultural Revolution", under the care and protection of Zhou Enlai, temples were not damaged, and religious facilities and precious cultural relics were well preserved. Since 1973, Guiyuan Temple has undergone a large-scale maintenance, and buildings such as Daxiong Hall, Tibetan Scripture Pavilion, Five Hundred Arhats Hall, Dashige, Bell and Drum Tower and Cuiwei Pavilion have been repaired. 1983 was listed as a national key Buddhist temple in Han area by * * *. Guiyuan Temple now covers an area of 1.75 million square meters, with a building area of 1 10,000 square meters. At present, there are ten monks, and the abbot is Master Chang Ming, the executive director of the Chinese Buddhist Association and the president of the Hubei Buddhist Association. The ancient trees in the temple are towering, the flowers and trees are lush, the spring water is clear and green, and the winding path is secluded, which is called "the land of Han". It is also the seat of Hubei Buddhist Association and Wuhan Buddhist Association.
Guiyuan Temple consists of three distinctive courtyards: North Courtyard, Intermediate Courtyard and South Courtyard. It has three main groups of buildings, namely, the Sutra Pavilion, the Ursa Major Hall and the Lohan Hall.
Inside the mountain gate is the Intermediate People's Court, with buildings such as Bell and Drum Tower, Zhaitang and Buddhist Temple, as well as landscapes such as Cuiweiquan, Cuiweigu and Cuiweiting. Flowers such as plum blossom, osmanthus fragrans, magnolia and crape myrtle are in full bloom in the hospital. Pine, cypress and brown are in harmony, and rocks and bonsai are in harmony, forming a pleasant "Cuiwei Wonderland". The Cuiweiquan here is crystal clear and inexhaustible. Tested by relevant departments, the spring water contains a variety of nutrients, which is suitable for brewing various drinks. On the wall next to the Cuiwei Pavilion, there is a poem "Cuiwei Spring" embedded with white light.
The main building of the Intermediate People's Court is Daxiong Hall. The temple was founded in the 18th year of Shunzhi in Qing Dynasty (166 1) and has undergone many repairs. At present, the Hall of the Great Heroes was rebuilt in the thirty-fourth year of Guangxu in Qing Dynasty (1908). After several years of maintenance, it is very spectacular. In the center of the hall is a statue of Sakyamuni, and on both sides are his disciples Ananda and Ye Jia, both of which are sculptures of Tuosha. Sakyamuni's "sitting with his right shoulder staggered" is very solemn, quiet and dignified. The backlight behind the Buddha statue is the pattern of "Five Dragons Embracing the Saint" carved by camphor wood. In front of the Buddha statue, there are statues of Wei Tuo, Maitreya and Dizang. Behind the Buddha statue, there is a group of island Guanyin statues. I saw Guanyin standing barefoot on the island, the dragon girl and the boy standing around, and behind her was a mud cliff as high as eight feet, with blue waves and rough waves. The whole statue fell forward. People looked up and saw the sleeves of Guanyin floating to you as if on the turbulent waves, which increased the appeal of religious art.
The altar in front of the Buddha statue is a rare woodcut treasure. The altar is 4.8 meters high, 10 foot wide, 2 feet wide and 5 inches deep. The front column is embedded, 5 inches wide and 6 inches high, and the empty building is depicted in five grids. The pattern depicts the scenes that Tang Xuanzang was welcomed by the people when he returned to Chang 'an to learn Buddhist scriptures: there were Tang Priest, the Monkey King, Pig Bajie, Friar Sand and other figures on the journey to the West; There are Li Shimin, civil and military officials, guards and ordinary people; On the walls of pavilions, mountains and rivers of chariots and horses, banners of buildings, incense burners, candlesticks, etc. All the ceremonies will be held. Looking at the overall situation, it is busy and unprecedented. The lower edge of the hanging column is five Long Yun, hovering around and supported by four tiger legs, which is vivid and powerful. According to legend, this camphor wood carving took ten people a year to complete, and its skill is exquisite and amazing.
In the Wei Tuo Hall in front of the Ursa Major Hall, there is a woodcarving statue of Wei Tuo, wearing armor and holding a pestle, standing tall. The image of China's ancient military commander is used to express the image of the patron saint of "four heavenly kings and thirty-two generals" in ancient Indian mythology. This woodcarving is carved from a whole piece of camphor wood, and the line cutting method is Tang carving style. It is the artistic treasure of Guiyuan Temple and the precious heritage of China sculpture art. ..
The main building of the North Yard is the Tibetan Scripture Building. The Sutra Pavilion was built from 1920 to 1922. It is a pavilion-like building with two floors and five openings. It is about 25 meters high, with a big ridge on the animal's head, claws on the fish horn and cornices on the bucket arch. Simple and exquisite, with four pillars in the sky, two phoenix in the morning, and five dragons playing with pearls. The whole building, doors and windows, carved with red lacquer, is exquisite, spectacular and resplendent. It is the only ancient brick-wood building in Wuhan. There are many Buddhist relics here, besides Tibetan scriptures, there are Buddha statues, implements, stone carvings, woodcuts, calligraphy and painting inscriptions and foreign classics.
The Buddhist statues collected here include Dunhuang, Yungang, Longmen, Maijishan, Bingling Temple and thousands of stone buddhas and stone carvings in various places. There are various artistic styles, including gold, silver, bronze, stone carving, wood carving, porcelain carving, clay sculpture, tooth carving, jade carving and other textures, and some are gifts from Southeast Asian countries. It is a Buddhist temple with a large collection of Buddha statues in China, and some cultural relics are rare treasures at home and abroad. For example, a jade Siddhartha Gautama displayed in the main hall of the Sutra Pavilion weighs more than one ton and is beautifully carved and skilled. It was given to China by Buddhists in Yangon when Master Taixu visited Myanmar in 1935. There are only three exquisite jade buddhas like this in China, and the other two are in Beijing and Shanghai respectively. Another example is the Guanyin stone statue buried in the Southern and Northern Dynasties, which has a light posture, a knot in the chest, tassels and a clean bottle. It has a history of more than 1400 years, which has high historical and artistic value. There are also two statues of Dharma carved in mahogany, which are excellent wood carvings in the early years of Kangxi in the Qing Dynasty. The two statues, one sitting and one standing, are full of personality, vividly showing the shape of facing the wall, closing their eyes and thinking, and being detached from things.
The Buddhist scriptures collected in the sutra depository include: 7 14 in total, stored in 48 cabinets. There are 593 photocopies of azithromycin granules Collection in Song Dynasty. At the end of the Qing Dynasty and the beginning of the Republic of China, a book "Frequency, Jia and Zang" was printed in Shanghai (lacking the word "cold"). At the end of the Qing Dynasty and the beginning of the Republic of China, the Commercial Press photocopied Japanese versions of Sequel and Dazhengji. In addition, there are two amazing treasures: one is a Buddhist scripture written by Li Shunnian, a 69-year-old native of Hengshan, Hunan, in the first year of Guangxu in the Qing Dynasty (1875). The word "Buddha" is written on a piece of paper with a width of no more than six inches, which consists of 5424 words in the original text of Diamond Sutra and Heart Sutra. Each word is only as big as sesame, which is not clear to the naked eye; If you look at it under a magnifying glass of 30 times, the words are meticulous and the brushwork is beautiful. It is really a calligraphy treasure. The other one is Huayan Jing and Flame Mirror copied by Miao Rong, a famous monk in Wuchang, in the early years of the Republic of China (19 15- 1924). The font is beautiful and rare.
There are stupa, incense pot, clean bottle, clothes bowl, Zhang Xi, rosary, Ruyi, bell pestle, pilu hat, cassock and so on. All the pagodas in the collection are very small, including the seven pagodas carved with wood in the Qing Dynasty and the seven Tathagata pagodas in the shape of pavilions, each about 2 meters high and beautifully made. There are also bronze pagodas of Buddha's teeth, pagodas and bones, as well as pagodas presented by Japan and Southeast Asian countries.
Ding class has a ceramic incense tripod made in the Song Gande period (963-968 AD), which is white and pink and consists of three parts: cover, body and seat. The hole in the lid is covered with moire, and the sides of the tripod are covered with animal heads and ears. On the upper edge of the base is the hanging post in the empty building, in which plum blossoms are in full bloom. The production is extremely delicate. There are also celadon ding in Xuande period of Ming Dynasty and bronze incense ding in Qing Dynasty. Porcelain bottles include broken porcelain and sky blue porcelain in Ming Dynasty, Jun Hong porcelain and colored glaze porcelain in Qing Dynasty.
There are also many calligraphy and painting monuments here. There are more than 0/00 pieces of paintings and calligraphy in the collection, including landscape figures such as Huang Zijiu, Wang Meng, Wu, Zhu Zaiyu, Cheng Zhengmao, Wang Duo, Shi Tao, Dong Qichang, Yu, Gao, Wang Yi, Shen Nanping and He Zizhen in the Yuan Dynasty, and grass prints and feather flowers in the Qing Dynasty. There are also rubbings, Kolo engravings and shihuaisu cursive scripts in the temple, such as the Preface to the Holy Teaching by Chu Suiliang, a calligrapher in the Tang Dynasty, and the Diamond Sutra by Liu Gongquan. Chu and Liu's calligraphy is famous for its lightness and rigidity, and Huai Su's cursive script is famous for its picturesque style, both of which have high painting and calligraphy value. Eighteen Arhats and Five Hundred Arhats painted by Zhu Chan in Qing Dynasty, Luhe Tongchun painted by Shen Quan, Bodhisattva painted by Ming painter and Wang Chong, Guanyin painted by Yan in Tang Dynasty, etc. All of them are meticulous and lifelike, which can be called art treasures. More valuable are the ancient rubbings of the Song Dynasty, such as Yujitu and Hua, which recorded the ancient mountains, rivers, deserts, lakes and geography of China in detail, and described the great events such as the management of the Great Wall from the time of Emperor Wu's voyage to the Tang and Song Dynasties. They are two very precious historical patterns.
The main building of the South Campus is Luohantang. Speaking of Luohantang, there is a folk proverb: "There is Baoguang (Chengdu) above, Xiyuan (Suzhou) below, Biyun (Beijing) in the north and Guiyuan (Wuhan) in the middle". In other words, the 500 Arhat Hall of these four temples is the most representative and the essence of the 500 Arhat Statue of Buddhism.
There are many sayings about the origin of the five hundred arhats in Buddhism: First, it is said in the Ten Reading Methods that when Ying Shi was alive, there were often five hundred disciples listening to the Dharma and giving lectures. First, after Sakyamuni's nirvana, 500 monks attended the first or fourth congress. In Wen Jing Sharifutsu, it is also recorded that 500 arahants revived this sacred religion after the destruction of Buddhism by the French king Midoro. According to Tang Xuanzang's Records of the Western Regions of Datang, there are a total of Buddhist monks 1000 in Mojeto, of which 500 are Luohan monks who have achieved positive results and the other 500 are ordinary monks. The king's name is Worry-Free King, and they all admire them. Because 500 arhats don't reveal the truth at ordinary times, Worry-Free King doesn't know that they are arhats, but just regards them as ordinary Buddhist monks. An ordinary monk named Mahapo made a speech that violated the canon, causing confusion among Buddhist monks. Worry-Free King decided to execute this 1000 Buddhist monk. At this time, 500 arhats left through the clouds and lived in a valley in Jasmino. Worry-free king made a special trip to apologize after knowing it, and built 500 statues in Beijing according to the appearance of 500 arhats. Since then, five hundred arhats have been handed down and spread to China. Although there are different opinions, Lohan is considered as "a saint who has broken all his troubles and deserves the support of the world."
China Han Buddhism worships five generations of five hundred arhats. At that time, Wang Qian built 500 bronze arhats in Fangguang Temple in Tiantai Mountain. In the first year of Xiande (954), with the permission of King Qian of Wu Yue, Zen Master Daoqian founded the 500 Arhat Hall in Jingci Temple. In 985, in the second year of Yongxi in Song Taizong, 5 16 arhats (16 arhats, 500 arhats) were made and placed in Shou Chang Temple in Tiantai Mountain. Since then, more than 500 arhats have been built in large temples all over the country. As for the name of five hundred arhats, there was a name of five hundred arhats in Shiqiao Temple in Tiantai Mountain in the Five Dynasties (Fuzhai North Road), which no longer exists today. In addition, in the fourth year of Shaoguang in the Southern Song Dynasty (1 134), Jiangyin Army (five hundred arhats in Ganmingyuan) recorded by Langgao Daosu of the Ministry of Industry named five hundred arhats one by one. Buddhist researchers believe that the name of the 500 arhats mentioned in the tablet has no canonical basis, but is just a statement attached to the Song Dynasty. However, since then, each temple has built 500 arhat halls, all of which use its name.
Guiyuan Temple Luohan Hall is a novel art treasure house. The couplet in front of the door is: "Putian for the big arhat; Everyone is leaving for Yuan. " Couplets have: "Self-made white light, Zu De Hui Ling for a long time, so far more than 300 years, re-established as Guangsha Luohan;" After Tongzhi, the country was revived and the people's hearts were weak. I would like to give 28 products and talk about Fa Hua. " Both door couplets and couplets were inscribed by Cao Yu in the 27th year of Guangxu (190 1).
Luohantang was built in Daoguang period of Qing Dynasty, destroyed by soldiers in Xianfeng period (1852), rebuilt in Guangxu period (1895) and completed in 1902, with a history of 200 years. Luohan Hall is in the shape of "Tian", and the four mouths of "Tian" are four small courtyards, which provides good ventilation and lighting conditions for the huge and deep hall. Luo Han is arranged according to the word "Tian" Although there are more than 500 statues in the temple, it is not crowded. This architectural model is both ingenious and reasonable.
The five hundred arhats of Guiyuan Temple were molded by Wang and his son in Huangpi County, Hubei Province in nine years. Today, Huangpi is also the hometown of sculpture in Hubei, with a long history and tradition, exquisite skills and many artists. According to the Luohan Monument in Guiyuan Jungle, Five Hundred Luohan in Guiyuan Temple is based on the rubbings of five hundred Luohan stone carvings in Zhu Sheng Temple in Hengshan Mountain, Nanyue, which were processed, refined and created. The process adopts "bodiless lacquer plastic", also known as "golden body holding sand statue". First, the clay tire is molded into a model, and then it is coated with grid cloth raw lacquer layer by layer, which is called lacquered cloth empty plastic, and finally it is decorated with gold powder. Its characteristics are moisture-proof, moth-proof and durable. In the past two hundred years, Luohantang was hit by floods several times, and it floated everywhere, but after the water receded, Luohantang remained intact, showing superb carving skills.
Walking into Luohantang, everyone was infected by their vivid images. I saw some of them sitting cross-legged, some lying on stones looking at the sky, some studying Buddhist scriptures, and some exorcising evil spirits. On the expression, some are brave, some are gentle, some are naive and simple, and some have experienced vicissitudes, all of which are vivid. For example, the 463rd Lohan, an angry venerable Sato, was surrounded by six teenagers who dug their ears, covered their mouths and covered their eyes for Lohan, and was called "Six Thieves Playing Maitreya Buddha". The six thieves are eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body and mind. It warns Buddhist disciples not to be infected by secular feelings. In the statue, the child's innocence, childish mischief and Lohan's kind and simple manner are vividly portrayed, which makes people laugh heartily.
"Counting Luohan" is an interesting thing for people to visit Luohan Hall. Legend has it that people start with an arhat at will, and then count down their existing ages in turn. The identity, expression and action of this last arhat can show the fate of the numerator. This activity adds a lot of fun for people to visit Luohan Hall.
In the Dizang Hall outside Luohan Hall, there is a statue of Dizang, and the woodcut shrine in the hall is even better. The arched cornices, fish-horn claws, double phoenix rising sun, flying dragon rollers, embossed hanging columns, flowers and figures are all extremely exquisite and are rare artistic treasures in China.
Guiyuan Temple resumed the jungle system under the auspices of the abbot of Changming, with orderly management and normal Buddhist activities. In recent years, several publicity activities have been held.
Master Chang Ming (19 17 I), a native of Zhijiang County, Hubei Province, was born in Mituo Temple in Zhijiang County at the age of 19, and was disciplined at the age of 20. Then go to yuquan temple, Hubei, Qingxi Temple, Xinhua Temple and Luohan Temple in Hunan to attend classes. 1943 joined the anti-Japanese sangha rescue team of "Nanyue Buddhism and Taoism Rescue Association" and went to the anti-Japanese front to save lives. 1950 as abbot of Mituo Temple. 1958- 1960 studied at China Buddhist College and returned to Guiyuan Temple. 1965 was appointed as the supervisor of Guiyuan Temple. During the ten years of civil strife, Premier Zhou wrote a letter to reflect the chaotic situation of Guiyuan Temple, and then the relevant departments received instructions from Premier Zhou to take measures to protect the temple. 1979 was honored as the 48th abbot of Guiyuan Temple.
1980, Master Chang Ming served as the executive director of the Chinese Buddhist Association. Standing Committee member of Wuhan CPPCC, deputy of Hubei Provincial People's Congress, president of Hubei Buddhist Association, president of Wuhan Buddhist Association, standing Committee member of the Provincial People's Congress, honorary director of Hubei Disabled Persons Welfare Foundation, etc.
1985, Master Long Xing, a disciple of Master Chang Ming, was appointed as the auxiliary hall.
Since 1984, Guiyuan Temple has held sangha training classes to train young monks. With Master Chang Ming as the supervisor and Master Xian Guang as the provost, he taught Tiantai, law, Buddhist history, cultural knowledge, political common sense and other courses, and trained a group of talents with patriotic love and Buddhist knowledge for the temple.
In order to facilitate pilgrims and serve the society, Guiyuan Temple has also added service facilities such as photography department, canteen, calligraphy and painting exhibition and vegetarian restaurant. The vegetarian meal here is delicious, fresh and elegant, rich and unsatisfied, and is very popular among tourists. Dongpo cake and assorted buns are called "Mel" in Guiyuan Temple. Vegetarian dishes such as vegetarian ham, pearl mushroom, tremella sweet soup and fried vegetarian chicken rolls all won awards in the evaluation of relevant departments.
Count Luohanbu's questions about good and bad luck. Guiyuan Temple is very popular, attracting a large number of domestic and foreign tourists.
- Previous article:Initial consonants of Yongzhou dialect
- Next article:How to use light at different times of the day?
- Related articles
- Czech CK town, do you know how beautiful you are? "(20 17.8 Austria)
- Advantages of 4k display
- How much does it cost to travel to Lianyungang for three days?
- Admission requirements for single enrollment in Yiyang Normal University
- Computer keyboard creative photography
- What about Changzhou ling photographic equipment co., ltd
- Introduction of Bihai Yinsha website
- Does Huawei 7' s camera support super night view mode?
- Is Meikang Imaging from Sony?
- Is there anyone in Yanjiao who likes astronomical observation and celestial photography?